Ireland Rangers v St David’s abandoned after fight between teams
The First Division match between Ireland Rangers and St David’s Warriors at Somerset Cricket Club today was abandoned after a brawl broke out between opposing teams.
Tempers boiled over in the 68th minute when an Ireland Rangers player is alleged to have retaliated after being fouled, which then resulted in a brawl that ultimately forced referee Ralshon Douglas to abandon the match.
According to one eyewitness, who spoke on condition of anonymity, at least one player suffered a serious injury during the melee, which is said to have lasted around three minutes.
“It got nasty and one of the St David’s guys got their head split because I saw blood coming from his head,” he said.
“It got really ugly with kicking and punching. I don’t know if a player threw a chair and it was just stupid.”
St David’s were leading 3-1 when play was halted.
The Royal Gazette has approached the Bermuda Football Association for comment.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service