Nahki Wells produces assist as Bristol City draw with Middlesbrough in thriller
Nahki Wells helped Bristol City with an assist in a 2-2 draw at home to Middlesbrough in the Sky Bet Championship on Monday.
The Bermudian set up winger Harry Cornick’s tap-in from close range in the 50th minute after Middlesbrough goalkeeper Zack Steffen parried City striker Sam Bell’s shot invitingly into his path.
The goal came three minutes after Wells had a free-kick saved after being fouled.
Bell broke the deadlock on the stroke of half-time for a City side who were seemingly cruising to victory after Cornick doubled their advantage with his first goal for the club.
However, the visitors refused to roll over and eventually hit back twice inside six minutes, with Aaron Ramsey headeing in from eight yards in the 58th minute and Matt Crooks slotted into the bottom corner from inside the area.
City pressed on and went close to regaining the lead when defender Zak Vyner struck the bar from midfielder Matty James's free-kick three minutes from the end of regulation time.
Wells was replaced by midfielder Omar Taylor-Clarke in the 90th minute.
City, who are unbeaten in their last three league outings, are thirteenth in the Championship standings.
Meanwhile, Justin Donawa’s Solihul Moors had their Vanarama National League clash away to Wealdstone postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Grosvenor Vale.
The match was called off as heavy showers took its toll on the pitch, which was deemed unsuitable for play following an inspection.
Donawa had momentum heading into the contest after netting in his team’s 1-1 draw at home to Maidenhead United last Friday. It was the Bermudian’s first goal in 16 months after his return from a year-long injury last November.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service