Bermuda’s footballers find out Island Games opponents
Bermuda have discovered their opponents for this year’s NatWest International Island Games in Guernsey.
The men’s team will face Froya, Orkney and Greenland in Group C, while the women will take on Aland, Jersey and Hitra in Group A.
The football programme commences on July 9 with matches to be played on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday will be a rest day prior to the play-offs on Thursday and the finals on Friday, July 14.
Venues to be used will be the Track, Corbet Field, Northfield, Blanche Pierre Lane and College Field and work is already taking place to prepare the pitches.
“The interest and excitement in the Island Games football competition is definitely growing as we get closer to July,” said Gary Roberts, the football co-ordinator.
“With this announcement of the fixture schedule for the competition's group stage, every team will now begin to finalise their thoughts and preparations with less than ten weeks until the first matches.”
Roberts is excited about the fixtures as the teams will be playing each other for the first time in six years.
“The draw has produced some potentially exciting match-ups, and both the Men's and Women's competitions are intriguing because this will be the first time that the various islands will have competed against each other for six years in an official Island Games capacity,” he added.
“We look forward to welcoming everyone to Guernsey in July for what we know will be a great football and sporting experience.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service