Live blog: Dominican Republic v Bermuda
• Bermuda see hopes of progressing to the next stage of the competition dashed with defeat to Dominican Republic, who claim top spot and qualification to the Concacaf Women’s Gold Cup play-offs.
• FULL TIME: Dominican Republic 2 Bermuda 0.
• Minimum of four minutes of additional time indicated
• GOAL (2-0 Dominican 87’) Home side finally add a second as Marte finds Asenjo inside the area with the forward lashing a right-foot effort past Turner....mountain to climb for Bermuda now!
• HUGE let off for Bermuda with just four minutes remaining as Marte somehow fires wide from just five yards out
• SUBSTITUTION(Dominican 72’) Jazmin Jackson comes on for Kathrynn González
• CHANCE (Dominican 71’) Another top save from Turner, this time to deny Asenjo, blocking the forward’s driven effort from the right side of the area.
• SUBSTITUTIONS(Bermuda 68’) Danni Watson comes on for Jaden Masters with Symira Lowe Darrell replacing Aaliyah Nolan.
• SUBSTITUTIONS(Dominican 64’) First changes of the night as Alexa Pacheco replaces Giovanna Dionicio while Vanessa Kara comes on for Alyssa Oviedo
• CHANCE (Dominican 62’) Incisive attack from the hosts as Kathrynn González has a shot well held by Turner after being played into the area by Asenjo
• Approaching the hour mark with Bermuda still trailing. However, there have been signs of encouragement in the early stages of the second half that they can find an equaliser
• CHANCE (Bermuda 56’) Better from Bermuda, who work the ball to the edge of the area, only for Ashley Tutas to fire high and wide.
• YELLOW CARD (Bermuda) Aaliyah Nolan joins Edwards in the book
• CHANCE (Dominican 47’) Home side have the first sight of goal in the second half as Asenjo skips away from Webb, but shoots straight at Turner.
• Back underway with no changes to either side.
• As things stand it is Dominican Republic who would top the group and advance through to the Concacaf Women’s Gold Cup play-offs.
• Crucially for Bermuda they only find themselves one goal down, but a vast improvement is required after the interval if they are to secure the point that they need.
• HALF TIME: Dominican Republic 1 Bermuda 0. Home side very much on top; breaking the deadlock in the 17th minute through Alyssa Oviedo.
• BIG CHANCE (Dominican 44’) Bermuda goalkeeper Turner at her very best to save her side falling further behind!....Marte seizes on a defensive mistake before firing a right-footed effort towards the top left corner which Turner does brilliantly to reach and tip over the bar.
• CHANCE (Dominican 42’) Close again from the home side as Gonzalez controls inside the area before volleying narrowly wide.
• CHANCE (Dominican 39’) resulting free kick is curled narrowly wide by Peralta
• YELLOW CARD (Bermuda) Trinae Edwards is the first player in the book for a foul on Peralta
• CHANCE (Dominican 30’) Home side close to doubling their lead but Gonzalez’s inswinging free-kick from the left is brilliantly tipped away by goalkeeper Turner.
• Dominican Republic well on top. Bermuda struggling to keep possession and advance up the field. Remains 1-0 after 27 minutes.
• BIGCHANCE (Dominican 21’) Huge opportunity for the home side to double their advantage as Asenjo’s inswinging cross from the left finds Kathrynn Gonzalez, who on the stretch, can only volley wide at the back post.
• CHANCE (Bermuda 20’) Kenni Thompson does well to skip past her marker in midfield, but drags her effort harmlessly wide.
• GOAL (1-0 Dominican 17’) Brilliant goal from Alyssa Oviedo, who knocks the ball past Zemira Webb before firing a low strike past Zakhari Turner and into the bottom corner.
• Striker Mia Asenjo looking very dangerous for the hosts, picking up possession deep and driving at the Bermuda defence.
• CHANCE (Dominican 8’) Another attempt at goal by the home side and this time on target as Lucia Marte’s effort from the edge of the area is well held by Zakhari Turner
• Bermuda starting to enjoy some possession with Nolan getting on the ball trying to create.
• CHANCE (Dominican 3’) First real opportunity of the game and it comes from the hosts as Alissa Oviedo finds space on the edge of the area but drags her effort wide of the left post.
• Ahead of kick off, check out our preview with captain Eva Frazzoni speaking about her hopes of leading her side a step closer to the Gold Cup.
• Major news from the starting line-up is a debut for Kenni Thompson.
• Bermuda starting line-up: Zakhari Turner, Koa Goodchild, Victoria Davis, Zemiras Webb, Trinae Edwards, Eva Frazzoni, Jaden Masters, Nia Christopher, Aaliyash Nolan, Ashley Tutas, Kenni Thompson.
Welcome to The Royal Gazette’s live blog of Bermuda’s pivotal League B group C clash away to Dominican Republic which will determine which of the two countries will take the crucial final step into the Concacaf Women’s Gold Cup play-offs.
Unbeaten Bermuda top the group by a point over Dominican Republic heading into the crucial decider. The eventual group winner will advance to the play-off stage, where they will face one of the runners-up from League A.
The winner of that encounter will qualify for the inaugural Concacaf Women’s Gold Cup, which will be held in the United States from February 20 to March 10, and will feature eight Concacaf and four South American teams.