Mallory marches into semis
Trey Mallory has made the semi-finals of the Antigua & Barbuda St John's Wadadli Bowl after beating top seed Jeffrey Fradkin of the United States 6-4, 6-1 yesterday.
The 16-year-old achieved his best win in the under-18 event by defeating Fradkin, who has a ITF world ranking of 480. Mallory will no doubt be in contention for some increased ITF ranking points. On route to the semis, Mallory defeated Aidan Nirel Gregory, of St Lucia, in his opener 6-3, 6-1. He then beat No 8 seed Romani Mayers, of Barbados, in a three-set match 4-6, 6-1, 6-4.
Mallory will now face seventh seed Arthur De Souza Fonseca, of Brazil, in the semis. He is also in the semis of the doubles, with partner Philippe Mercelina of the Netherlands. The pair face No 1 seeds Tom Leblanc Cavalerie, of France, and Alvin Nicholas Tudorica, of Canada, in the last four.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service