Smith and Hawley compete in Sweden
Bermuda triathletes Tyler Smith and Erica Hawley competed at the World University Triathlon Championships in Kalmar, Sweden, at the weekend.
Smith placed 29th in the men's race, completing the 750 metres swim in 8min 5sec, the 20-kilometre bike in 27:48 and 5km run in 15:30 for an overall time of 53:41.
Lars Pfeifer, of Germany, won the race in 51:40.
Hawley came 28th in the women's race with an overall time of 1:45. Her splits were 9.57, 30:48 and 18.22.
France's Jeanne Lehair won the women's race in 57:11 secs.
Elsewhere Louise Wells placed 26th in the women's 45-49 age group at the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Nelson Mandela Bay, Port Elizabeth, South Africa, at the weekend.
Wells's splits were 37:28 in the 1.9km swim, 2:59:20 in the 90km bike and 1:42:18 in the 21.1km run for an overall time of 5:25:55.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service