Bermuda sends team to Junior Davis Cup for first time in six years
Bermuda is sending a team to the Junior Davis Cup pre-qualifying competition for the Caribbean and Central American region for the first time in six years.
The three-strong team made up of captain Vinny Boisvert, former under-14 Bermuda No. 1 Zach Maguire and Sebastian Pukk, who will be representing Bermuda for the first time at the tournament in Guatemala from February 27 to March 4.
The team will be led by coach Steve Bean, himself a former Davis Cup player, with the tournament set to provide valuable experience on the international stage and the chance to experience overseas competition.
“We are thrilled to announce the selection of our Junior Davis Cup team, our first since 2017,” said Michael Wolfe, president of the Bermuda Lawn tennis Association.
“These talented young players have been working incredibly hard and we have no doubt that they will represent Bermuda with great distinction in Guatemala.
“The BLTA would like to thank the players, coaches and parents for their dedication and support. We wish the team the best of luck in the upcoming tournament, and we are confident that they will do Bermuda proud.”
The BLTA is seeking support for the team for future events. Anybody interested in sponsorship opportunites, should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service