Trio to fly the flag at World Junior Tennis pre-qualifying tournament
The Bermuda Lawn Tennis Association will be sending a three-member team to represent the island in the World Junior Tennis pre-qualifying tournament for the Caribbean and North/Central American region in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, from Monday.
The team, which will be led by coach Terry Smith, comprises Tristan Pettit, Jaden Jones and Tobiah Goodchild.
The World Junior Tennis tournament is an international team competition equivalent to the Davis Cup for players in the 14 and under category.
“We are overjoyed to see another group of talented young players represent Bermuda, and we remain committed to providing opportunities for international game play,” said Michael Wolfe, president of the BLTA. “With our Davis Cup team currently on a two-day winning streak in Guatemala, we cannot wait to see what our under-14s can accomplish.”
The BLTA is actively seeking sponsorship to support our players in future events. Any interested parties can contact email@example.com.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service