Lamont Marshall and Gayle Lindsay continue winning run in Legends Series
Lamont Marshall and Gayle Lindsay enhanced their chances of winning this year’s Legend Race Series with victory in the Ray Swan Flat 8K race.
After both won their respective divisions in the season-opening Ed Sherlock 8K last month, the duo continued their fine start to the four-race series with success in Sunday’s second instalment, which started at West Pembroke Primary School.
Among a field of 80 runners in the competitive run category, Marshall was the first competitor across the line in a record time of 24min 23sec, just pipping Dage Minors, whose time of 24:25 also eclipsed the previous record of 24:46 set by Chris Estwanik in 2017.
Sean Trott completed the podium places, finishing slightly less than 90 seconds adrift.
Lindsay was the first female finisher in 30:58, which was good enough for seventh overall, and comfortably clear of her nearest rivals.
Second place went to Karen Smith, who crossed the line in 33:48, which was good enough for fifteenth overall, with Stepanka Sprincova completing the top three in 34:50, as she finished 21st overall.
There was an exciting finish in the 8K Competitive Walk race as Junior Watts claimed victory in 58:42, narrowly ahead of Laura Wright (58:55) with Wendell Hollis rounding out the podium places in 1hr 2min 13sec.
In the non-Competitive Run/Walk, Kristina Harborne was first across the line in 47:13, ahead of Kyla Evans (59:39) and Ashley Lopes (1:02:07).
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service