Golden moments for Daley
Elan Daley continued to demonstrate her burgeoning talent with another golden display in the Spring Ontario Swimming Championships.
Having won the girls' under-14 50 metres freestyle preliminaries in 27.01sec, Daley built on that momentum in the final, touching the wall in a winning time of 26.57, narrowly short of her personal and national record time of 26.41 set at the Central Region A Championships, in Canada this year.
Not resting on her laurels, Daley, who was born in Bermuda but is also eligible to compete for Canada, tasted further success in the girls' under-15 200 medley relay, swimming the anchor leg for the Etobicoke Swim Club, who won in 2:02.24.
Her last performance follows a run of success which started at last year's Carifta Championships in Kingston, Jamaica, where Daley shot to prominence with an 11-medal haul and broke a host of records.
She continued to turn heads in Canada this year, blitzing her previous records en route to further honours at the Central Region A Championships.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service