BTA launches ‘Dive Month’
The Bermuda Tourism Authority hopes to get people in the water next month as part of its inaugural Bermuda Dive Month event.
The event – created in partnership with the Bermuda dive community – will offer a range of diving classes, aquatic adventures and ocean-themed activities throughout the month of April.
Douglas Trueblood, chief sales and marketing officer with the BTA, said: “Bermuda’s clear, blue water has attracted divers of all abilities for more than a century.
“With more shipwrecks per mile than anywhere else in the world, the island has been listed by National Geographic as an ‘unmissable diving destination.’ Bermuda Dive Month is the ideal opportunity to immerse yourself in our underwater culture.”
Mark Diel, owner of Dive Bermuda added: “We are thrilled that Bermuda is getting the recognition it deserves both as to its incredible reef and marine life and the huge number of wrecks we have the choice to dive.
“We truly are spoilt, and we welcome the opportunity to share this with other divers whether you are a seasoned veteran or it's your first time trying the sport out we literally do have something for everyone.
“Dive month gives us a chance to showcase this, and we look forward to all the activities and events that are forthcoming”
Throughout April Dive Bermuda will offer a discounted $200 rate on its beginner diving programme, discover scuba diving, at the Grotto Bay Resort.
Meanwhile the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute will host special event nights on April 8, 14 and 22 where couples and friends can book a “dinner date” at the Harbourfront Restaurant, followed by a dive movie or panel at the BUEI auditorium.
The Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo is set to host a special sea-themed day on April 9 with divers discussing sea life with guests, food trucks, mermaids, pirates and a Dive Bermuda booth where children can try on Scuba equipment.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service