BTA and Loren partner to showcase local food
The Bermuda Tourism Authority has partnered with The Loren to host an event celebrating locally harvested food and its producers.
The Bermuda Food Harvest Journey will take place at the hotel on Thursday and will feature local fishers, farmers and “food and beverage artisans”.
Guests will enjoy bite-sized portions of local food and drinks including wine and Bermuda-inspired cocktails and mocktails.
The event was first launched in 2021 in response to the Harvest Heroes video campaign featuring local harvesters.
• Bermuda Gin Co – The local gin-maker infuses hibiscus and the prickly pear fruit for a Bermuda-inspired flavour
• Goslings – Bermuda’s iconic brand will present a selection of wines and spirits
• Passion Fields – Bermuda bee keeper and honey harvester
• On De Rock Brewery – Small-batch, Bermudian artisanal beer
• Sexy Reef Ambassadors – A collection of ocean-conservation-focused lionfish hunters providing fresh lionfish dishes
• Wadson’s Farm – Locally-grown, organic produce direct from the farmer
• Umami Bermuda – Locally blended fresh, fragrant spices
• Wild Herbs N Plants of Bermuda – Locally foraged plant-based foods
• Cedarberry Foods – Local producers of vegan butter
• Lost in the Triangle – Freshly caught seafood dishes
Tashae Thompson, vice president of experiences at the BTA, said: “Bermuda’s culinary heritage is as unique and vibrant as the island itself.
“Our ability to mix the unknown and take otherwise ordinary ingredients and turn them into flavourful dishes that are uniquely ours is truly a work of art. I'm inspired by the culinary scene our tiny island has been able to cultivate.
“Experiences such as the Food Harvest Journey is another way we showcase our Bermuda-inspired dishes, promote our great tastemakers, and tell our rich food stories.”
Andre Roberts, director for food, beverage and operations at The Loren, added: "Last year the Food Harvest Journey was a huge success. We hope to recapture the magic created then and continue to push the culinary offerings Bermuda has to offer. We are a world-class destination, and our food plays a huge part in that.”
Tickets are $45 and are available on www.ptix.bm.
Guests will be given a start time to attend.
The Loren has committed a portion of ticket prices to the Eliza Doolittle Charity which provides meals to people in need.
For more information, e-mail contact email@example.com