Wayne Furbert confident after cruise industry conference
A four-day international cruise industry conference that wrapped up yesterday showed promise for a rebound in the sector, transport minister Wayne Furbert said.
Mr Furbert added that it had been important for the island to be represented at the conference in Fort Lauderdale — and that industry experts voiced “confidence in the future of regional and global cruising” as it emerged from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Mr Furbert attended Seatrade Cruise Global Conference with Francis Richardson, the chief executive of Bermuda Shipping and Maritime Authority, and ministry official Stacey Evans.
Mr Furbert said that the Bermuda delegation held “several meetings with our current cruise partners and met with cruise lines with ships that could be accommodated in the ports of Hamilton and St George".
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service