Bermuda youngsters head to championships
Bermuda have sent a team of athletes to compete at the AAU Indoor Championships, which will be held at the PG Sports and Learning Complex in Landover, Maryland.
The team, which flew out yesterday, for the competition, which starts today, consists of athletes who have already qualified for the Carifta Games and some that are looking to reach the standards.
Among the team, who will be coached by Freddie Evans, Dawnette Douglas-Bobb and Devon Bean, are, Amelia Othman, Caitlyn Bobb, Sanaa Re Morris, Keturah Bulford-Trott, Jahzari Talbot, Taylor Hinds, Za'Kayza Parsons, Kahzi Sealey, Ryan Outerbridge, Sancho Smith, Johndell Cumberbatch, Nirobi Smith Mills and Chayse Tanner.
“The Bermuda National Athletics Association are so excited that we can give these athletes the opportunity to get some international competition prior to the Carifta Games 2019,” Donna Raynor, the BNAA president, said.
“We are trying to have our athletes ready for the Games and not just in physical shape, but also mentally prepared to compete well. This is one of our initiatives that we would like to make as an annual event in preparation for the Games. The more we get our athletes to compete the better they will be prepared for Carifta.”
The Carifta Games will be held in the Cayman Islands from April 20 to 22.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service