Reduced bus service to continue next week, officials say
An emergency bus schedule has been extended until next week, the Department of Public Transportation announced today.
A spokeswoman said that bus routes would continue to operate on and expanded Sunday schedule because of staff shortages.
She added that an update on when full services would restart would be released next Friday.
The spokeswoman said: “We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the continuation of this reduced bus service.”
Staff shortages announced last Saturday forced the buses to run on a modified Sunday schedule from Monday.
No reason was given for the lack of staff, but several public services have been hit because of Covid-19-related sick time.
The spokeswoman reminded the public that it was vital the public stuck to health guidelines to help restore a full service as soon as possible
She said: “As a community, each of us has a role to play in stopping the spread of the coronavirus.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service