Eastbound lane of Serpentine Road closed for Belco work
A major Hamilton road will be closed for repairs to an underground distribution cable after a brief power outage.
The closure will affect the eastbound lane of Serpentine Road in front of PW’s Showroom yesterday as trench work takes place.
The repairs came after a circuit tripped at about 5.15pm on Tuesday, causing an outage that affected nine businesses around Park Lane, Par-la-Ville Road and Wesley Street.
A Belco spokesman said that crews identified the problem and rerouted power to the affected businesses, but needed to access the distribution cable.
The closure will extend from the Serpentine Road, Par-la-Ville Road and Woodlands Road roundabout to the roundabout at the junction of Dundonald Street and Park Road.
Belco apologised for any inconvenience. It is not known how long the repairs will take.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service