Stretch of North Shore Road to be closed on Saturday
North Shore Road between Barker’s Hill Roundabout, Devonshire and Store Hill, Smith’s will be closed again for trenching on Saturday.
A government notice said the road will be closed between 8am and 4pm.
The notice said: “Motorists using North Shore Road travelling east will be detoured on to Barker's Hill Roundabout to Middle Road and motorists using North Shore Road, travelling west will be detoured on to Store Hill to Middle Road.
“The Ministry of Public Works wishes to encourage the full co-operation of the public and apologises for any inconvenience that may result.”
Bus services will also be detoured as a result of the road closures.
Department of Public Transportation said inbound Route 10 and 11 buses would detour via Flatts Hill, Middle Road, Smiths, Montpelier Road, Frog Lane, West on to Palmetto Road, Cedar Avenue, Victoria Street and to the Hamilton Central Terminal. Outbound buses will reverse this route.
Journey times on Routes 10 and 11 will be affected by the detours, the DPT said.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service