Video shows car’s lucky escape
Dramatic footage viewed widely via social media this week reveals a driver’s lucky escape from a more serious accident during the heavy rainfall that doused the island on Monday.
The video shows a vehicle almost breaking through a wall above the drop to the water’s edge on Harbour Road in Paget.
The crash also occurs about ten seconds before an oncoming vehicle comes into view, just after the other car swerved partially into its lane.
A black eastbound car can be seen in the clip from early afternoon negotiating a bend in the road as it follows the harbourside wall.
But the car skids into the empty oncoming lane as its tyres lose grip on the wet road.
Apparently caught on camera shortly after 1pm, the car goes into a spin before the front strikes a stone wall, narrowly escaping going over the edge.
Instead, the continued spin of the vehicle brings it to a standstill against a roadside building.
Seconds later, an oncoming taxi van in the westbound lane can be seen slowing at the scene of the crash.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service