Partial road closure at Point Finger Road
The intersection of Point Finger Road and South Shore Road will be partially closed on Sunday.
The Ministry of Public Works said the closure will allow trenching work to take place to enable the Corporation of Hamilton to inspect the sewer main.
Buses will also be detoured as a result of the work.
A statement said: “During the road closure, local residents and those visiting the hospital or doctor's offices will still have access to the area.
“Motorists are encouraged to use alternative routes such as Berry Hill Road, Trimingham Hill or Tee Street, but there will be personnel on site to assist with access if needed.
“If accessing Point Finger Road, drivers are advised to exercise caution and avoid speeding to ensure the safety of themselves and the construction workers on site.”
Traffic controls will be in place while the work takes place.
The Department of Public Transportation said Route 1 and 7 buses will detour via Trimingham Hill instead of using Point Finger Road between 7am and 5pm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service