Two riders hurt in Flatts crash
Two motorcyclists suffered minor injuries in a three-vehicle crash that involved an unmarked police car in Flatts this morning.
The collision happened at about 8.10am near the junction of North Shore Road and Middle Road.
A spokesman for the Bermuda Police Service said that the officer driving the unmarked police car slowed down owing to the flow of traffic.
He explained: “A male motorcycle rider collided with the rear bumper of the police vehicle.
“A female motorcycle rider was following behind trying to avoid the collision. She lost control of the bike and slid out on the roadway.
“She sustained minor injuries to her ankle and knee.
“The male motorcycle rider suffered a minor hand injury.
“The male driver — a police officer — of the police vehicle was uninjured in the collision.“
Traffic was delayed in the area for a short time.
Police asked anyone with information about the incident to call Acting Sergeant Jordan Basden on 247-1704 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service