A last few undetected’ Belco customers without power
Some “undetected” Belco customers remain without power, the company reported today — and the winds coming with unsettled weather could potentially bring new and isolated outages.
The announcement came after Belco said it had successfully restored electricity to all of its customers hit by last month’s Tropical Storm Fay and Hurricane Gonzalo.
Some equipment remains damaged, however, and could be hit by Sunday’s windy weather, a Belco spokeswoman said.
The electrical system enables Belco to see power cuts that occur down the branch line, but the only way the company can know about outages at individual residences or buildings is for the fault to be phoned in.
“To report outages, partial power or downed lines, poles or other equipment, please call 955 to log this in Belco’s Outage Management System,” the spokeswoman said.
Around 31,000 of Belco’s 36,000 customers were left without power by the Gonzalo’s impact on October 17. Of those, around 1,500 had already gone a week without power due to the impact of Fay a week prior.
“During the coming work week will begin work on street light power restoration, as well as system rehabilitation, which means replacing temporary repairs that were made to get customers lights on as quickly as possible with the required permanent repairs,” the spokeswoman said.
Thomas predicts exodus of unskilled workers
One of two quarantine breach cases closed
Cecil G. Smith (1935-2020)
New owner takes over temping agency
From Elton to a life on island
Low rainfall affects summer crop harvest
Take Our Poll