BSX daily trade
Butterfield shares fall 8.7% on BSX
Shares of Butterfield Bank slumped 8.7 per cent in light trading on the Bermuda Stock Exchange.
The bank dipped $2.60 to close on $27.25 on the trading of 526 shares.
Butterfield’s US-listed shares also fell 43 cents, or 1.53 per cent, to close on $27.72 on the New York Stock Exchange amid a broad-based market slump.
Ascendant Group Ltd, parent company of power utility Belco, fell 50 cents, or 1.5 per cent, to close the day on $33. The company is awaiting regulatory approval for a proposed $36-a-share takeover by Algonquin Power and Utility Corp, a deal previously approved by Ascendant shareholders.
Butterfield’s dip weighed heavily on The Royal Gazette/BSX Index, which fell 121.76 points, or 5.86 per cent, to close on 1,956.74.
BSX trading volume was 3,526 shares, while turnover totalled $133,333.50.
The BSX Insurance Index fell 42.91 points, or 2.44 per cent, to close on 1,713.34.
The political hypocrisy is staggering
Luisa gives big thanks to parents
Gotcha Covered settles into new home
Wedderburn suffers judicial setback
Humberto’s damage still to be cleaned up
Vasco launch antiracism initiative
Gombey festival honours Caisey
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive