Warrant issued for lawyer
An arrest warrant was issued for a lawyer yesterday after he failed to appear in court over assault charges.
Kamal Worrell, 38, did not attend Magistrates’ Court despite an order to appear before Magistrate Maxanne Anderson.
Mr Worrell, from Warwick, had appeared in court on August 28 when he denied assaulting and wounding Chavelle Dillon on June 1 in Warwick.
Ms Anderson released him on $5,000 bail and ordered him to stay away from the alleged victim. She adjourned the case until October 7.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
The political hypocrisy is staggering
Luisa gives big thanks to parents
Gotcha Covered settles into new home
Wedderburn suffers judicial setback
Humberto’s damage still to be cleaned up
Vasco launch antiracism initiative
Gombey festival honours Caisey
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive