Worrell appears to face charges
A lawyer appeared in court today to face charges of assault and wounding.
Kamal Worrell, 38, had failed to appear for a Magistrates’ Court hearing yesterday, meaning that a warrant for his arrest was issued.
After a brief hearing today, Magistrate Maxanne Anderson adjourned the matter until October 21 and extended Mr Worrell’s $5,000 bail.
Mr Worrell, from Warwick, previously pleaded not guilty to the assault and wounding of Chavelle Dillon on June 1 in Warwick.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
The political hypocrisy is staggering
Luisa gives big thanks to parents
Gotcha Covered settles into new home
Wedderburn suffers judicial setback
Humberto’s damage still to be cleaned up
Vasco launch antiracism initiative
Gombey festival honours Caisey
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive