Deadline approaches for scholarships
The Ministry of Education is reminding all students that the deadline for Government Scholarship and Award opportunities is quickly approaching - with applications closing on Monday, 15 April, 2019.
Scholarship and Award opportunities are outlined below:
• Minister’s Achievement Scholarship: For graduating public school students. This scholarship is valued at $25,000 for overseas post-secondary study.
• Minister’s Exceptional Student Award: For graduating students, school leavers or persons with disabilities up to the age of 25. Applicants must demonstrate financial need. This award is valued at $5,000 for local post-secondary study and $25,000 for overseas post-secondary study.
• Minister’s Technical and Vocational Award: For graduating public school students or recent public school alumni attending Bermuda College with a strong interest in technical and vocational studies. Students must demonstrate financial need. This award is valued at $5,000 for local post-secondary study and $25,000 for overseas post-secondary study.
• Minister’s Applied Tech Scholarship: For graduating public school dual-enrolment students in Bermuda College’s Applied Technical Programme valued at $5,000 each. These scholarships will fund the cost of students to complete an Associate’s Degree at the Bermuda College once they have graduated from senior school.
• Bermuda Government Scholarships: For graduating senior school students or college or university students for post-secondary education. This scholarship is valued up to $35,000 towards the cost of tuition and basic accommodation.
• Teacher Education Scholarship: For promising Bachelor of Education students studying subjects where there are shortages of local candidates, such as social studies, geography, English language arts, mathematics, modern foreign languages and special education. Recipients are required to return to Bermuda and teach within the Bermuda Public School System. Applications will be accepted from persons with and without financial need. This award is valued at $20,000.
• Further Education Awards: For students with at least one year of college or university credits, pursuing overseas post-secondary study. Applicants must demonstrate financial need. This award is valued at up to $10,000.
• Non-Traditional Student Award: For persons aged 25 and older who need a first or second chance to attend college or university. Previously, applicants had to be 35 years of age and possess sophomore standing. Applications for study at accredited institutions for online education will now be accepted.
• Minister’s Bermuda College Book Awards: To assist students in financial need to purchase books for successful study.
For more detailed information about scholarships and award opportunities, including eligibility and application requirements, visit www.Bermudascholarships.com.
All questions should be emailed to: email@example.com.
• Press release from the Ministry of Education