Parsons is in control
The first round of the Bermuda Stroke Play Championships got under way yesterday under challenging conditions with a strong south westerly wind.
In the men’s division the 2017 champion, Jarryd Dillas got off to a good start with a one-over par 72 and is in equal first place with Walker Campbell. In the women’s division, Elizabeth Parsons, recently back from school, took a commanding lead with a four over par 75 while Hav Trott showed his form with a 75 in the senior men’s division.
• Newstead are holding firm at the top of the standings after three weeks of the Corona Golf Super6 tournament at Belmont Hills.
The leaders have a points total of 51, with XL Catlin three behind in second and Big Putts level in third with Securitas on 46.
Apex Physio broke a three-way tie to claim placement points over Dark n Stormies and Ball Slackers thanks to a strong finish to the round from Glenn Jones.
Double points are on offer in week four of the six-hole tournament, which continues on Thursday.
The competition features modified stableford scoring, a 75 per cent handicap adjustment, and a shot clock. All ties will be decided by Retrogression.
Mothers decry children riding motorcycles
A model experience
Customers bemused to find Rosebank closed
Licensed venues questioned on event flyers
Inmate says Wolffe confessed to robbery
Local lionfish grow faster and larger
Checkmates: brothers take New York by storm
‘Giant who is gone too soon’
Lawyers clash over Brown patient files
Parents ‘could strike’ over TN Tatem plan
Robbins stars as robot on Netflix
Docksider bar beefs up security
Unlicensed drink-driver nabbed back-to-back
Pancakes and pyjamas for breakfast
App to show electric vehicle renters around
Take Our Poll
- "What is your view of finance minister Curtis Dickinson's first Budget?"
- Sensible, balanced approach with no new taxes
- Disappointing, with lack of public spending cuts
- Ignores serious long-term debt, healthcare and pension issues
- Tax increases were unnecessary as the Government needs no more money
- Total Votes: 4209
- Poll Archive