Normal trash collections to restart
Normal trash collection schedules will restart this morning after waste management staff agreed yesterday to end a work-to-rule.
The industrial action, announced on Sunday, was called off after talks between the Bermuda Industrial Union and the Department of Works and Engineering.
Last night, Chris Furbert, the BIU president, told Bermuda Tonight on ZBM that workers had been “short staffed for the better part of two years”.
Mr Furbert said workers had objected after the contracts for five temporary staff came to an end last Friday.
Yesterday, a ministry spokesman said workers had agreed to work overtime over the next two days to remove uncollected garbage.
He added that the two sides would meet later this week for “ongoing discussions”.
Kissing goodbye to 60:40
Swan says 60:40 switch doomed to failure
A reader wonders if she has Bermudian status
Kempe waves ‘adios’ to Bermuda politics
Sidestepping the elephant in the room
On-notice BTA ‘ready to learn more’
Halfway house plan to help older children
Discover the joy of singing
Income at the core of violence – Commissiong
Dog House open only on weekends
Current Vehicles adds wi-fi to Twizy fleet
Taking time out for your daughter
Lewis’ different message to Bermuda’s youth
George Duclos (1933-2020)
Approvals received for bank sale
Take Our Poll