PLP gala raises $10,000 for charity
The Progressive Labour Party’s Wakanda Royalty Gala at the Fairmont Southampton on Saturday raised $10,000 to be divided for five charities.
With more than 800 in attendance, the evening exceeding the expectations of the events committee and party executive, a PLP spokeswoman said.
The charities chosen to benefit from the night are:
• Project Action, a free transportation service for seniors in care facilities
• Women’s Resource Centre, a full-service organisation providing resources and courses to enhance the lives of women in Bermuda
• Raleigh Bermuda, a charity that uses overseas expeditions, local training and coaching to challenge young Bermudians to harness their full potential and develop skills for life
• Cada, a charity founded in 1974 with a mission to “encourage responsible alcohol behaviour”
• Foster Parents Association of Bermuda, an association that provides Bermuda’s various levels of backing, from parental-guidance resources, to supplemental financial support, and guidance and financial resources for school supplies
“The spokeswoman concluded: “We are overwhelmed with the support from our sponsors and supporters. It would be remiss of us not to give back as a token of our appreciation.”