Alert fire service before burning waste
Householders were warned yesterday to alert the fire service before they burnt garden waste.
The Bermuda Fire & Rescue Service spoke out after they received several reports of an unattended fire at a property on North Shore Road, Pembroke, near Overview Hill, at about 5.15pm on Tuesday.
A spokesman said: “This incident had been reported to the dispatch by the homeowner as a controlled burn of horticultural waste.
“We responded to investigate as we received multiple calls from the public that the fire was unattended.”
The spokesman said anyone who wanted to burn garden waste should contact the fire service control room on 296 7599 to give details, including location, time of start, time of completion and contact details for the person monitoring the fire.
BHB staff bill rises to almost $200m
Thomas calls for action on accounts backlog
Masterworks café reopens as Homer’s
Two arrests over major incidents
Former BHS student revels in Oscar moment
New route for End-to-End
Missing man, 56, found
Bike theft on island is getting out of hand
Economists: Fix it or get out of the way
Dellwood staff revolt over ‘sudden’ sackings
Gabriel Rodriguez (1936-2020)
Enjoying a lifetime adventure in Bermuda
Insurers deny Premier’s Patients 1st claim
Residents feel the economic pinch
Simmons: Bermuda’s entrepreneurs are the key
Take Our Poll