Diallo Rabain on parents
Parents to have more say in schools
Parents will be appointed for two-year terms to committees working closely with the school system.
Education minister Diallo Rabain told the House a Parental Involvement Committee had been meeting monthly with the Commissioner of Education to improve relationships in schools.
Plans include a parents’ survey, parents’ newsletter and engagement sessions. Mr Rabain wants to encourage more fathers to become involved.
• To read Diallo Rabain’s statement in full, click on the PDF under “Related Media”
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive