Evergreen Smith places second in Syracuse
Bermuda triathlete Karen Smith placed second in her age category in the Ironman 70.3 Syracuse in New York at the weekend.
Smith, competing in the female 50 to 54 division, came 103rd overall and was the fourteenth fastest woman, finishing the 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike and 13.1-mile run in a time of 5hr 23min 33sec. Nicholas Uribe, of Colombia, won the race in 4:16:49.
Smith won the womenís race in the Bermuda Olympic Distance Triathlon National Championships at Clearwater Beach, St Davidís, last weekend, finishing in 2:21:34.
Her son Tyler Smith, 19, represented Bermuda at the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast, Australia, in April.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive