Impressive displays by Howes sisters
Bella and Marleigh Howes, whose mother Cora Lee Starzomski is a former Bermuda national triathlon champion, were in impressive form at the Barrie “Kids of Steel” Triathlon in Ontario, Canada, last weekend.
Bella came second out of 34 in the 12-13 girls’ age group, finishing the 300 metres swim, 10km bike and 3km run in 39min 29secs — just seven seconds behind the winner, with Marleigh finishing sixth out of 42 in the under 10-11 girls.
Leading going into the run, Bella was caught by Emily Cescon, who ran a very quick 14:08 for the 3km run, easily the fastest of the day, to finish in 39:22.
Marleigh finished the 200 metres swim, 5km bike and 2km run in 28:07.
Corbishley: island must debate speed limit
Government in $500m debt sale
OBA wants action on ‘flatlining economy’
Shanna living her dancing dream
Burt prepared to wait on Brexit verdict
Care Learning Centre graduates eight
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive