A raft of closures and cancellations have been announced in advance of Hurricane Humberto.
• The BIU Gas Station is closing at 3pm and will reopen on Friday morning at the usual time. The BIU offices will close at 1pm and reopen at 9am on Friday.
• The 24/7 service station on Par-la-Ville Road, Hamilton, will close at 3pm today.
• Public schools will close at noon today and remain closed tomorrow.
• Bermuda High School, Bermuda Institute, Mount Saint Agnes Academy, Somersfield Academy, Saltus Grammar School and Warwick Academy will also close early today and remain closed tomorrow.
• Ferry service will end at noon today, while the last bus will leave Hamilton at 4pm.
• The City of Hamilton’s administrative office will close at noon today.
• Butterfield banking centres will close at 11.30am today, while other Butterfield branches will close at noon and remain closed tomorrow.
• HSBC St George’s branch will close at 11am today, with the Somerset, Church Street and Harbourview Centre branches to shut at 11.30am. All will remain closed tomorrow.
• British Airways flights between Bermuda and London today are cancelled.
• The Hamilton Docks will be closed today.
• Colonial Insurance will close its offices at 3pm today.
• The National Sports Centre will close at noon today and remain closed on Thursday.
• A town hall meeting on comprehensive immigration reform, scheduled to be held tomorrow, has been postponed.
• Both the Carnival Pride and the AIDAluna have cancelled scheduled visits to Bermuda, while Carnival Sunrise has delayed its trip to the island.
• The MarketPlace group of stores — including PriceRite and Sears — will close today at 4pm.
• Restaurants and facilities at the Hamilton Princess&Beach Club will be closed to the general public today at 1.30pm. The hotel’s weekly Thursday night barbecue to take place tomorrow night has been cancelled.
• The Bermuda Credit Union will close today at 1pm.
• Freisenbruch-Meyer offices will close today at noon and will reopen, at the earliest, tomorrow at noon.
• Washington Mall will close today at noon and will reopen “in the early afternoon” tomorrow.
Scores of work permits denied since pandemic
1st Earl of the silver screen
Tropical Depression 5 no longer a threat
Luxury Riddell’s Bay development backed
Bermuda free of Covid-19 infections
House: MPs speak out on health merger
No need to quarantine when travelling to UK
Take Our Poll