A raft of closures and cancellations have been announced in advance of Hurricane Humberto.
• The BIU Gas Station is closing at 3pm and will reopen on Friday morning at the usual time. The BIU offices will close at 1pm and reopen at 9am on Friday.
• The 24/7 service station on Par-la-Ville Road, Hamilton, will close at 3pm today.
• Public schools will close at noon today and remain closed tomorrow.
• Bermuda High School, Bermuda Institute, Mount Saint Agnes Academy, Somersfield Academy, Saltus Grammar School and Warwick Academy will also close early today and remain closed tomorrow.
• Ferry service will end at noon today, while the last bus will leave Hamilton at 4pm.
• The City of Hamilton’s administrative office will close at noon today.
• Butterfield banking centres will close at 11.30am today, while other Butterfield branches will close at noon and remain closed tomorrow.
• HSBC St George’s branch will close at 11am today, with the Somerset, Church Street and Harbourview Centre branches to shut at 11.30am. All will remain closed tomorrow.
• British Airways flights between Bermuda and London today are cancelled.
• The Hamilton Docks will be closed today.
• Colonial Insurance will close its offices at 3pm today.
• The National Sports Centre will close at noon today and remain closed on Thursday.
• A town hall meeting on comprehensive immigration reform, scheduled to be held tomorrow, has been postponed.
• Both the Carnival Pride and the AIDAluna have cancelled scheduled visits to Bermuda, while Carnival Sunrise has delayed its trip to the island.
• The MarketPlace group of stores — including PriceRite and Sears — will close today at 4pm.
• Restaurants and facilities at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club will be closed to the general public today at 1.30pm. The hotel’s weekly Thursday night barbecue to take place tomorrow night has been cancelled.
• The Bermuda Credit Union will close today at 1pm.
• Freisenbruch-Meyer offices will close today at noon and will reopen, at the earliest, tomorrow at noon.
• Washington Mall will close today at noon and will reopen “in the early afternoon” tomorrow.
‘Deplorable conditions’ at housing complex
Burt to ditch traditional Throne Speech
Local businesses teed up for PGA event
International criminals ‘targeting Bermuda’
Maiden Re plans move from Bermuda to US
D’ezir dressed for success
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive