Controlling your pressure
High blood pressure can’t be cured, but it can be lowered and controlled.
The Bermuda Department of Health gave the following tips:
1. Keep to a healthy weight
2. Exercise regularly (30 minutes per day)
3. Eat more fruit and vegetables (five or more servings a day)
4. Cut out added salt and choose sodium-free, and low-sodium foods
5. Don’t smoke
6. Limit alcohol intake to two drinks a day for men and one for women
7. Take your blood pressure medication as directed (do not stop medication without your doctor’s approval)
8. Get your blood pressure checked at least every two months.