Know your risks
At least one-quarter of Bermuda’s adult population has high blood pressure.
You might not know you have it, so having regular blood pressure readings is important.
The Bermuda Department of Health said you are at increased risk for developing high blood pressure if you:
1. Are overweight
2. Don’t exercise on a regular basis
3. Eat foods high in salt or sodium
4. Don’t eat many fruit and vegetables
5. Drink an excess of alcoholic beverages (more than 1 to 2 drinks per day)
6. Have a family history of high blood pressure
7. Are of African descent
8. Are aged over 65