Heavyweights in road race challenge
Athletic Club stage their annual weight handicap race in conjunction with St.George's Harbour Nights next Tuesday evening.The race, starting at 7.15 p.m., is traditionally decided by dividing the runners' times in seconds by their weight in pounds.And that means the athletic heavyweights have a clear edge.Last year while top runners Tracy Wright and Anna Eatherley were first male and female across the line, overall victory went to Stephen Dunkley and Glennis Butterfield after handicap was taken into consideration.Entries for the 5K event, which follows a hilly course around the old town, close tomorrow at 4.30 p.m. and the "weigh-in'' will take place on the BF&M forecourt in Hamilton on Monday between 5.00 and 6.00 p.m.Walkers are also invited to enter a separate event scheduled for 6.45 p.m.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service