Bermudian actress lands role in Netflix fantasy series
A Bermudian-born actress has appeared in a TV series launched last month by streaming service Netflix.
Genesis Lynea, 31, plays the magician Natacha in the fantasy Shadow and Bone.
Her character makes an entrance in the first episode as she comforts troops as they sail through a shadowy monster-filled realm called the Fold.
The magician tells the troops: “Here’s how it goes – we go into the Fold, it gets dark but we like it dark, that keeps us from drawing attention. That’s how we travel.
She also assures the soldiers that, although they had keep in the dark, she was on board “for when the dark keeps you”.
Shadow and Bone premiered on April 23 and follows the story of Alina Starkov, a military mapmaker in a fantastical universe who discovers her powers as a Grisha – a magician.
The scene that features Ms Lynea is also featured on previews for the show.
Ms Lynea was born in Bermuda, but later moved to London with her mother and stepfather.
She attended the Brit School, a prestigious performing arts and technical school in London, alongside pop singer Jessie J and later graduated from the city’s Arts Educational School in 2013 with a BA in musical theatre.
Ms Lynea has been a series regular in the long-running BBC medical drama Casualty in the UK.
She has also had parts in the short films The Cost of Living and How Could I Forget.
Ms Lynea is a trained dancer who has appeared in music videos and stage shows.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service