Spurling’s next film to screen at Houston film festival
Bermudian filmmaker Lucinda Spurling’s latest film is set to screen at a film festival in Texas next month.
‘In the Hour of Victory’, based on the eponymous book by Jonathan Smith, will have its US premiere at the 46th Annual WorldFest Houston International Film Festival on April 16.
It has also been nominated to receive one of the festival’s REMI awards.
The film details the story of Bermudian Major (Toby) Smith, who died at the Battle of Overloon having written a bundle of letters to his wife and five children during the war.
Ms Spurling said: “Our acceptance into WorldFest Houston, and to be a finalist for one of their top awards, is a great validation of all of our hard work and Jonathan Smith’s vision and commitment to the project.”
She said both she and Mr Smith will be attending the festival, and hope the screening will be the first of many.
‘In the Hour of Victory’ will also screen as part of the Bermuda International Film Festival on Saturday.
Useful website: www.biff.bm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service