HSBC Bermuda launches web chat platform
HSBC Bermuda has become the first island bank to offer web chat to customers, connecting them directly to agents via the HSBC website and internet banking platform.
Web chat allows HSBC customers to initiate a chat to ask general questions or get help with account specific queries, such as changing their address or updates on lending applications.
Non-customers that are interested in exploring HSBC products can also receive guidance, including how to open new accounts with the bank.
Each connection to HSBC web chat is encrypted using modern industry standards. For an added layer of security, customers with account related enquiries must log on to internet banking.
Tanya Bule, head of wealth and personal banking commented: “We are excited to offer a new way for customers to connect with us. We are continually looking at ways to expand our digital banking channels.
“HSBC web chat provides a convenient and secure alternative for both new and existing customers to get assistance”
The service is available between 9am to 5pm, Monday – Friday, by clicking on the chat icon on www.hsbc.bm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service