David Patrick’s Oklahoma University upset Baylor Bears in Big 12
Oklahoma University, with Bermudian David Patrick one of their associate coaches, scored a big upset in the Big 12 basketball tournament when they defeated No 2 seeds Baylor Bears 72-67 on Thursday night.
The seventh-ranked Sooners trailed 33-27 in the first half before outscoring their opponents 45-34 in the second half to clinch a memorable victory.
The Sooners victory was Thursday’s biggest upset, taking down the regular season co-champions in Kansas City.
The Sooners made eleven of their 21 shots from three-point range while the Bears were disappointing with their three-point efforts, converting just three of their 22 efforts.
Jacob Groves led the Oklahoma scoring with 15 points with nine rebounds, while Jordan Goldwire had ten points with six assists.
The leading scorers for the Bears were James Akinjo and Jeremy Sochan with 16 and 13 points respectively.
Oklahoma are due to face No 3 ranked Texas Tech tonight.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service