Four stocks lose ground
More than $1 million worth of shares traded on The Royal Gazette/BSX Index last week.
The majority of the trades were in shares of Butterfield Bank, with 129,062 exchanged, resulting in a five cents (2.8 per cent) drop in the closing price to $1.75.
And 50,000 shares of Somers Ltd changed hands, resulting in the price tumbling 25 cents (1.9 per cent) to $13.25.
HSBC Holdings saw its shares lose 45 cents (4.97 per cent) after 1,792 were traded. The shares closed at $8.60.
While Bermuda Aviation Services' stock lost 20 cents (6.1 per cent) to close at $3.10 after 2,000 were traded.
The Royal Gazette/BSX Index closed 29.04 points (2.34 per cent) lower on the week, at 1,236.24.
The BSX Insurance Index rose 13.43 points (0.82 per cent) to finish at 1,657.45.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service