Insurers and banks slip
Shares of Argus Group Holdings Ltd fell by 44 cents, or 12.6 per cent, to $3.06 after 3,800 traded on The Royal Gazette/BSX Index.
In the banking sector, both Butterfield Bank and HSBC Holdings lost ground. HSBC was down 40 cents, or 4.7 per cent, at $8.10 after 12,426 shares changed hands, while Butterfield was down $1.40, or 3.8 per cent, at $35.10 after 300 shares were exchanged.
In New York, shares of Butterfield were up two cents, or 0.05 per cent, at $37.73.
On the local exchange, BF&M Ltd was down five cents, or 0.3 per cent, at $16.05.
The Royal Gazette/BSX Index was down 72.14 points, or 3.22 per cent, at 2,165, while the BSX Insurance Index was up 6.14 points, or 0.42 per cent, at 1,472.36.
In other news, Ascendant Group Limited repurchased 800 common shares at an average price of $20 on Thursday. The company advised the Bermuda Stock Exchange that the repurchased shares will be cancelled.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service