Argus shares surge 17.6%
Shares of Argus Group Holdings surged 17.6 per cent in Bermuda Stock Exchange trading.
The insurer added 54 cents to close on $3.60 as 2,700 shares changed hands.
Fellow insurer BF&M Ltd slipped 30 cents, or 1.9 per cent, to close on $15.50 on the trading of 5,140 shares.
The Royal Gazette/BSX Index gained 8.5 points, or 0.4 per cent, to close on 2,147.73.
Trading volume totalled 7,840 shares, while turnover was $89,967.
For the week, the index slid 57.76 points, or 2.68 per cent, largely due to a 5.6 per cent fall in the price of Butterfield Bank shares over the five trading days.
On the New York Stock Exchange, Butterfield Bank's US-listed shares gained 48 cents, or 1.36 per cent, on Friday to close on $35.88.
The BSX Insurance Index added 10.27 points, or 0.7 per cent, to close on 1,486.56.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service