IAIS committee leadership roles for BMA staff
Two member of staff at the Bermuda Monetary Authority have been appointed to International Association of Insurance Supervisors committee leadership positions.
The BMA’s chief actuary, Ricardo Garcia, has been appointed vice-chair of the IAIS policy development committee, succeeding BMA deputy chief executive officer, Craig Swan, in this role. Additionally, BMA director, Marcelo Ramella, has been reappointed to serve as vice-chair to the macroprudential committee.
The IAIS is a global standard-setting body, which promotes effective and globally consistent supervision of the insurance industry. Its policy development committee is responsible for providing adequate standard setting responses to developments within industry structures, financial markets and business practices as well as to policyholders' needs; and for overseeing the development, review and updating of supervisory material, amongst other duties.
While the macroprudential committee is responsible for pursuing the IAIS goal to contribute to global financial stability, for steering and overseeing the IAIS’ financial stability work, for overseeing the IAIS’ work on macroprudential assessments and for overseeing and preparing analysis on issues related to financial stability, systemic risk, macroprudential surveillance and macroprudential supervision, amongst other duties.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service