Payroll tax deadline passes
Payroll tax and corporate service tax returns for the fourth quarter of 2021 were due by the close of business on Friday, Government has reminded taxpayers.
Hotel occupancy tax returns for the month ending December 31 are also due on or before today, while financial services tax returns for the quarter ending December 31 are due on or before January 31.
Full payment must accompany all returns otherwise penalties will apply.
Taxpayers are reminded to use 2021/22 tax rates.
A spokeswoman said all information reported on the returns is subject to audit by the Office of the Tax Commissioner.
Taxpayers are required to keep records that demonstrate compliance with the Tax Acts.
Failure to be in compliance will result in fines and penalties up to $500,000, the spokeswoman said.
For more information on methods of payment, what’s new, or any other general guidelines, visit www.gov.bm or call 297-7750, 297-7751, or 297-7807.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service