Two men hospitalised after fight
A victim of an assault with a blade was sent to hospital and the alleged culprit, who was also hurt, put in police custody.
According to a police spokesman, officers and first responders attended the scene at a residence on Elliot Street, Pembroke, around 7.55pm on Monday.
“The suspect and the victim are apparently known to each other. Both men were injured as a result.
“The victim, a 44-year-old Warwick man, was taken to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital via ambulance for treatment,” said the spokesman.
A hospital spokeswoman reported the victim to be in a stable condition on a general ward.
“The suspect, a 41-year-old man from Pembroke, was also treated at hospital for his injuries, arrested and detained in police custody in connection with the incident,” added the police spokesman.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service