Motorcyclist arrested after crashing into roundabout
A Paget man was arrested on suspicion of impaired driving after he crashed at the South Road/ Trimingham Hill roundabout.
Officers and first responders attended the scene of the single-vehicle collision in Paget around 3.15am on Sunday.
“It appears that a motorcycle was travelling along Trimingham Road when the rider, a 51-year-old Paget man, was unable to negotiate the roundabout at the junction,” a Police spokesman said.
“As a result, the man was injured and the motorcycle was extensively damaged.”
The rider was taken to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital for treatment and later arrested on suspicion of impaired driving.
Police also arrested a total of 16 people for outstanding warrants, and carried out liquor licence checks across the Island over the weekend.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service