Brothers accused of attacking mother’s ex-boyfriend
Two brothers were remanded into custody yesterday, charged with attacking their mother’s ex-boyfriend.
Makonnen Lowe, 27, and Quan Lowe, 25, both from Riviera Crescent, Southampton, were accused of causing grievous bodily harm to Raymond Simmons.
They were further charged with possessing a weapon, namely a golf club, in a public place.
The charges against the brothers are indictable only, and as a result neither man was required to enter a plea in Magistrates’ Court.
The brothers were allegedly part of a group who attacked Mr Simmons in the morning of March 26.
Mr Simmons suffered multiple injuries, including a puncture below his arm pit, a broken tooth, bruises and a cut to the back of his head that required three staples to close.
Senior Magistrate Archibald Warner remanded both men into custody until April 12, when the matter is set for mention.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service