American trio accused of importing drugs
Three Americans were charged yesterday with the importation of more than $250,000 worth of drugs.
It was alleged in Magistrates' Court that Julian Mendez, 22, Jahad Waldron, 27, both from Brooklyn, New York, and 31-year-old Margil Mireles, from Houston, Texas, conspired to import controlled drugs to Bermuda.
The drugs were seized on the Celebrity Summit cruise ship on September 5.
The court heard the alleged haul included cannabinoid oils and a substance called “shatter”.
The men made no plea because the case must be heard in Supreme Court.
They were remanded in custody until October 1.
• It is The Royal Gazette's policy not to allow comments on stories regarding criminal court cases. This is to prevent any statements being published that may jeopardise the outcome of that case.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service