Man admits punching wife
A 38-year-old man who admitted punching his wife had his sentence deferred yesterday for reports.
Magistrates' Court heard that Ezekiel Trott arrived home on June 27 and told his wife that he was going to move out of their apartment and take the children with him.
The court heard Trott started to taunt and threaten his wife after she ignored him.
She told Trott she would call the police.
He said: “I will f*** you up and beat you.”
The court was told that Trott attempted to punch the woman three or four times while their 11-year-old son watched.
He swung again and struck her on the chest.
Trott also punched her on the jaw as she was on the phone to a 911 dispatcher.
He left the house before police arrived.
Trott was arrested at Hamilton Police Station on July 14.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo deferred sentencing until October 30.
• It is The Royal Gazette's policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service